Pear shaped body – What to wear for each body shape?
Hello again! So, a new year has arrived and I would like to start it with lots of advice for you. Let’s start with body shapes: one type for each week, if this week is not yours just be patient, you will get your advice as soon as possible! Do you have narrow shoulders with flat stomach and a defined waist but also have curvy hips and bottom so you must buy a larger size for that part of your body? You are a Triangle, also named “pear shaped body”
If you have a “pear shaped body” it means you have a beautiful cleavage which needs to be accentuated. Bringing attention to the upper part of your body – with accessories, bright colors, textures and layers – will help you minimize the bottom part and balance out your body shape.
Some advice on what to wear for a “pear shaped body” type:
- Pants or trousers: simple lines, dark or matt colors. Flat fronted with a side zip are the best for you. Bootcut pants are also good as they create balance between the hips and the ankles. If you are tall you can also choose flared pants.
- Skirts: like the pants choose dark or matt colors with no details. Pencil, bias-cut and paneled are good options.
- Tops: full of details and colors, you can choose almost everything but avoid stiff fabrics. Details on the shoulders is a good choice for you.
- Dresses: you look much better in two pieces as you were different sizes for the top and the bottom, there are some models you can wear though like empire cut, and wrapped dresses. Try to choose two colors… the brighter one on the top!
- Blazers and Jackets: with details, short to create layers or long if you are tall, just be careful: they shouldn’t finish at the wider part of your hips or bottom.
- Shoes: unless you have slim ankles, avoid flats and details on the ankle, simple pumps are better.
Which clothes should a “pear shaped body” avoid? The ones that add volume to your hips, bottom and thighs, so no details, no pockets, and no bright or light colors for this part of your body
Want to know more and get a complete Look Book? Contact me, I would love to help you!