Hourglass body shape – What to wear for each body shape?
Hello! It’s me again today with another type of body shape, the hourglass! Do you wear the same size for your top and bottom and have a small and defined waist? You have an “hourglass body shape”! You may have a normal bust and a neat curved bottom but you can also have a body full of curves with a full bust, curvy bottom and hips and a small waist, a very very feminine body!
You should keep the balance between top and bottom while showing off your waist, being an hourglass you only need to be sure your clothes don’t cover up your curves as that would make you look overweight, the clothes need to follow your natural curves and this doesn’t mean you need to wear tight clothes, nor large ones, just your size!
You should choose soft, medium weight fabrics and completely avoid stiff and heavy ones.
Some advice on what to wear for an “hourglass body shape”:
- Pants or trousers: almost all of them: bootcut, flared, palazzo (if you are petite, avoid the last two models), if you have full curvy hips and bottom avoid details such ad pockets and texture, choose flat fronted with a side zip pants.
- Skirts: like the pants, you can choose almost all of them: pencil, A line, with pleats, bias-cut, wrapped.
- Tops: choose a soft blouse instead of shirts with stiff fabrics, wraps, crossovers and shaped tops are perfect as they accentuate your waist. You can also choose corsets.
- Dresses: like tops, dresses should follow your curves so you should choose crossover, shaped or wrapped dresses, you can also wear a shift dress with a belt. V necks are a very good choice as well as bias cut and princess line.
- Blazers and Jackets: they must be fitted or have a shape, you can also wear them with belts to give them a shape. Cardigan style tops are also a good choice.
There are many other things to consider: are you tall or petite? What about the waist, are you high-waisted or in the contrary low-waited? What about your neckline or shoulder lines? The information above should be enough for now, otherwise you could get confused and this is already a good start to make you understand your body shape.
Which clothes an “hourglass body shape” should avoid? Stiff and straight clothes, oversize clothes! Baggy and boxy sweaters and jackets. Geometric patterns!
Want to know more and get a complete Look Book even if you are not in Italy? I also give online advice! Contact me, I would love to help you!